~The words of the Battlefield of my Mind, and the Ache of my Heart~

Thank You Abba for your merciful love,
Thank You Jesus that you shed your blood for me,
Thank You Holy Spirit that you are with me always.

Monday, August 30, 2010

The Purest Love


Proverbs 30:5
Every word of God proves true. He defends all who come to him for protection.


Dear Holy Trinity,

You are at work,
so deep in my soul,
I could not reach it if I tried.
Your touch is so gentle, so loving,
I feel all my troubles turn to dust,
and wash away.
Your peace flows like a river,
through my veins,
filling my heart.
How intimately you show me your love,
I long to love you too.

You protect me from every harm,
and show me how to love others.
You steer me away from poison,
and feed me good fruit.
You reveal to me, my sins,
and cover me in your loving forgiveness,
A covering so overwhelming,
my whole body trembles with love.
You teach me your truths,
and give me a loving passion for your people.
You speak to me with authority,
and make a foundation of solid rock under my feet.
When the storm is too much,
and the waters are drowning me,
I softly whisper your name, Jesus,
and peace fills my entire being.

Your love is of the purest form,
there is none other like it.
You ask for my love in return,
and you forgive me when I resist.
I could search every day of my life on this earth,
and never find the love you freely give.
I am thankful beyond words,
for the joy I have is indescribable.
You are the only thing I need,
and I long to praise you day and night.
I dream of Heaven,
what it must be like,
If this is love you show me here,
I can only imagine the love I will feel there.
I long for the day I can sit at your feet,
and look up at your brilliant shining face.
I am thankful for every minute I have on this earth,
and patiently await the day to live in the Heavenly Kingdom.

In Jesus' Holy name,

Amen

Matthew 7:12
The Golden Rule
“Do for others what you would like them to do for you. This is a summary of all that is taught in the law and the prophets”

Matthew 7:15
The Tree and Its Fruit
“Be aware of false prophets who come disguised as harmless sheep, but are really wolves that will tear you apart”

Matthew 7:21
True Disciples
“Not all people who sound religious are really godly. They may refer to me as 'Lord', but they still won't enter the Kingdom of Heaven. The decisive issue is whether they obey my Father in heaven.”

Matthew 7:24
Building on a Solid Foundation
“Anyone who listens to my teaching and obeys me is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock.”

Matthew 8:27
Jesus Calms the Storm
The disciples just sat there in awe. “Who is this?” they asked themselves. “Even the wind and waves obey him!”

No comments:

Post a Comment