~The words of the Battlefield of my Mind, and the Ache of my Heart~

Thank You Abba for your merciful love,
Thank You Jesus that you shed your blood for me,
Thank You Holy Spirit that you are with me always.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Monster or Lover?



The picture I have in my mind’s eye of my walk with the Lord right now is like the picture of the giant monster (not that God is a monster, but just bare with me), named Sully and the little girl named Boo from the movie Monsters Inc. It is this wonderful analogy of a complete and unfailing trust in the Lord. This little girl Boo throughout her time spent with Sully developed an unwavering trust in him. She was completely free to enter into Sully’s giant, warm and secure embrace. For Boo, Sully was completely trustworthy. Here is this little girl, with this giant monster, whom most of the world sees as extremely scary, this creature who slays, but the little girl knows the heart of this monster, the character and nature of this monster. She will joyfully jump up in the arms of Sully for a giant hug and she will cry with the ache of her heart just knowing that he will embrace her with his wonderful presence and sweet aroma of love.


This is who the Lord is to me, each day I seek to enter into His warm embrace. I want tell Him everything from the pains of my heart, all my hopes, dreams and dance with him in freedom and joy. There is a full and complete trust that even though He may be a God who slays, a God who brings justice, He is a God who is on my side and I can freely trust Him with every part of my life. To live not as the world lives, but to live in the Glory, as someone who has been saved, redeemed and set free by the Blood of Jesus Christ. To live not by the sight of my human eyes, but by the eyes of faith that are a gift from the Father through the Spirit paid for by the suffering of Jesus on the cross. This is the greatest example of Love.


I pray that every soul would come to know this intimacy with our wonderful Abba.



Blessings,


Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment