~The words of the Battlefield of my Mind, and the Ache of my Heart~

Thank You Abba for your merciful love,
Thank You Jesus that you shed your blood for me,
Thank You Holy Spirit that you are with me always.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Week 5- Spiritual Gifts / Authority of God


Speakers: Connie & Craig

Picture: 40min Hike on Lava rock and a red dirt road (so cool) to Green Sands beach (yeup, that is right, green sand, the pictures can not capture how cool it is). We spend the afternoon body surfing, learning to body board Hawaiian style. Part of our 2 day road trip around the Island. Every ecosystem is on on the Island except Arctic and Sub-Arctic, this place is Heaven on earth!

In terms of the teaching this week I really feel that a lot of it was confirmation for me in the things I have learned and begun walking in. I do still have questions in regards to spiritual gifts, particularly 'ministry gifts'. If they are 'calling' gifts then wouldn't they be bestowed upon you when God created you? Some people believe these gifts are given to you when you become a saint (born again). Maybe that is true in the sense that we begin walking in that gift when we are born again, but doesn't God create each person unique and for a specific purpose on this earth and therefore wouldn't we have been created with specific calling gifts? Amy Sollers (week 2) made a statement once that some people have 'specific assignments on their life' and I believe that to be truth. Sometimes I wonder if there is a specific assignment on my life because of the supernatural ways God has touched my life. (These questions were answered prophetically for me in week 7).

I also have a lot of questions about authority in a marriage relationship, I want to know more about how God intended marriage to be. As well as questions about women in leadership roles. One of the many things that I really love about YWAM is that they don't put a hindrance on women that you typically find in some churches (past and present), it really has been so freeing for me, and it is allowing me to step out and learn how to walk in my spiritual gifts.

This week I came to more of and understanding of how walking in your motivational spiritual gifts incorrectly can be negative and result in a lot of frustration and hardship. It gave me a different perspective on a lot of my failures and I can now see how to approach situations differently to have a positive outcome.

God really spoke to me about injustice when the “Sex and Money” film producer spoke this week. Through that He really showed me that I need to be healed so that I am able to completely give the love God gives to me to others.

When I made a choice to be obedient to God and start walking with Him again, I started giving more, serving more and other things like that because scripture told me to too. I wanted to know more of who God is. Now I find that I am starting to do these things because I know more of God's character and how loving He truly is and I want to share that with others.

Quotes from the week I really like

-People are more important than things
-Always be prepared for God to use you in the situation you are in
-The world needs people passionate about what they are doing
-God's Word (Bible) is a banquet table for you, don't take someones chewed up and spit out food.
-God is the AIR I BREATHE
-Battles are won and lost in the prayer field
-Character of God- A place to run and be safe

No comments:

Post a Comment