~The words of the Battlefield of my Mind, and the Ache of my Heart~

Thank You Abba for your merciful love,
Thank You Jesus that you shed your blood for me,
Thank You Holy Spirit that you are with me always.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Baby Delivery in tent city of Port-Au-Prince, Haiti, with only 1 hour Healthcare Education


The highlight of my time in Haiti. Delivering a beautiful baby girl! Birth truly is one of God's most amazing miracles!

I think part of what makes this so amazing is the location in which the baby was born, the tent city, Sou Pisa. If you read my blog '3months in Haiti summed up in a 10 min video' you will get a better idea of what the tent city was like. Sou Pisa was just full of so much chaos, sadness, anger, hate, greed, death, hurt, pain, suffering, starvation and hopelessness. To have had a baby born there is with out a doubt a prophetic sign of God's love and hope for even that place.

Three of us girls took health care classes during lecture phase in Kona. One of those hour long health care classes was on delivering a baby in a developing nation. Well I guess God wanted to show us how strong He is in our weakness. I have a human kinetics degree, which I did study child development, and birth, briefly, as well as a lot of first aid knowledge, but none of us was really equipped to be “doctor” in the delivery of a baby. There are so many complications that can arise during birth, that is why people who deliver babies are very well trained. I guess on this occasion God just wanted us to bless us with this joy, not for us to brag, but for us to realize our weakness, and how with the Holy Spirit's guidance, the impossible becomes possible. During the labor process, I felt like I had “supernatural” knowledge, like I had performed a 100 deliveries before, I didn't have any fear, and we just did what we knew and went through the motions.

To top it off, the next day, some American doctors showed up at the tent city, I had them check over the baby and mom, told them all that happened, they were amazed and assured us that all was well. I could rest easy after that, so thankful that God chose us to deliver the baby, and then sent reassurance after. I will say yet again, God is so Good.

So please, watch the video, take in the surroundings, it is not graphic, but note that there is a little bit of blood, as newborn babies are not as clean as they look in the movies!

Praise the Lord!

Video Link: 21 minutes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_DHL-oUuxQ

Picture: Tent on earthquake rubble the baby was born in, day after.

No comments:

Post a Comment