~The words of the Battlefield of my Mind, and the Ache of my Heart~

Thank You Abba for your merciful love,
Thank You Jesus that you shed your blood for me,
Thank You Holy Spirit that you are with me always.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Action Speaks Louder Than Words


My flesh wars against me every step of the way. The entire process of coming here has been one of surrender. Even now, as I sit here on the plane my mind and my body ache to get on the next plane home as soon as I land. My heart tells me otherwise.

I feel all sorts of emotions surfacing. I really believe, that over the 3 months in Haiti, and the 3 months being home, that Jesus has been carrying the burden of those emotions for me. I think that those emotions, emotions that I could not handle, are now slowly being released back to me, it is now time to process and face the cross I carry. My eyes sting with tears and my heart aches. Jesus, I can’t do this without you, please help me.

I want to see my prayers in motion, to put action to words, let us be the hand and feet of Jesus that seems so scarce in this world. There is nothing more fulfilling than seeing prayers of the broken being answered. Did you know that as a child of God, you can be the answer to the prayers of the weak, the brokenhearted, the orphans, the widows, the captives, the innocent?

Jesus showed us what love really is, sacrifice, He died for us, while we still hated him, so I lay down my life for something that matters, something bigger than myself, for the Kingdom, for eternity. Daily I fight to surrender.

I sit here in the battle against my flesh, against the enemy. Missing my family, knowing that my cross is heavy, but also knowing “…do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength” (Nehemiah 8:10).

During the last church service at home before I departed, the pastor gave out little papers to everyone with the verse Philippians 3:7-11. I didn’t pay much attention to it, I was making sure to get all my last minute fellowship in.

When I got home I read over the verse, I then began to finish reading through one of my Haiti journals, which I have been avoiding (clearly since I was finally doing it hours before leaving), I flipped to the last page and written was, Phillippians 3:7-11,

“But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ – the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.”

Jesus is my passion. The world needs passionate people putting faith into action. I will do my best to live in surrender to Jesus, and put faith into action.

God needs hands and feet on this earth.

Prayer Request
-Finding comfort in Christ
-Wisdom
-Discernment
-More Hunger for the Word.

I am in need of your financial support, please consider giving, that I may be able to continue on this journey.

Thank you and God Bless,

Give by FundRazr on my Facebook Page or cheque by Mail,
Alicia Borsoi
32358 Golden ave
Abbotsford B.C.
V2T 5A9

No comments:

Post a Comment