~The words of the Battlefield of my Mind, and the Ache of my Heart~

Thank You Abba for your merciful love,
Thank You Jesus that you shed your blood for me,
Thank You Holy Spirit that you are with me always.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Clean Out Your Own House



I have a burning desire inside of me to go out into the world and help those in need. As I fought against surrendering to God and following my own will, I began to get more and more physically ill, and less and less peaceful in my mind. That is when God told me to clean out my own house, of course my response was, what? What does that look like?

During the time he told me that, the picture in my mind that I had of my life was me, running through a field of thorns, not very fun. He told me he wanted me to be that little girl again, the one that carelessly runs through a field of daisies and lays down swishing her arms up and down making “snow” angels in the daisies. He told me my PAIN would be turned into HOPE. The two passages below are important in this journey for me.

Matthew 6:31-34 NLT

31. So don’t worry about having enough food or drink or clothing. 32. Why be like the pagans who are so deeply concerned about these things? Your heavenly Father already knows all your needs, 33. and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern. 34. So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

Romans 1:1-2 NLT

“1.And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice – the kind he will accept. When you think of what he has done for you, is this too much to ask? 2. Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.”


I still don’t fully understand what God is doing to me, but all I know is that the more he chisels away, although it is painful, the more whole and full of hope I become. I know the point of “clean our your own house” is that I don’t have the capacity to help others when I am a mess myself and I also know that I am incredibly grateful that God it’s the great healer. And you know what, each day through the clouds; the sky seems a little brighter than it did the day before and my step feels a bit lighter. When God says in Matt 6:32”…Your heavenly Father already knows all your needs” I always pictured my physical needs being met, which is true, but know I also believe he meets our needs by teaching us the tools we need to fight the “unseen” battle everyday, we just have to trust in Him. I am joyful that God is humbling me by showing me the error of my ways, so that I can become greater and truly work for his Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment