~The words of the Battlefield of my Mind, and the Ache of my Heart~

Thank You Abba for your merciful love,
Thank You Jesus that you shed your blood for me,
Thank You Holy Spirit that you are with me always.

Monday, June 14, 2010

My Transformation


I grew up in a household with parents of faith. We regularly attended church and I attended 2 different Catholic elementary schools (in different towns). I remember when I was in grade 9 we had some people with the gift of evangelism and prophecy come to our church. They prayed for me as I fully accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior, it was a feeling like no other; I received the gift of tongues and felt the Holy Spirit wash over me.

Since then I look at my life as the parable of the farmer scattering seed told in Luke 8:5-8. When I was young my faith was like the seed that fell on the hard path, I heard the message but the devil came and stole it away. When I was born again in grade 9 my faith was like the seed on rocky soil, I heard the message with joy, but like a young plant in the soil my roots didn't go very deep. After a few years of testing and trials I found the Lord again in my 2nd year of university while pursing my Bachelors of Kinesiology, but this time it was like the seed among the thorns where all the cares, riches and pleasures of this life crowded out my faith. After a few more years of struggles, heartbreak and grief the Lord found me and showed me His love in ways I had never thought possible. He carried me, held my hand and now is pushing me to new levels of understanding and love. I like to think of my walk now as the seed that fell among good soil, as I cling to God's word, and desire to steadily produce a huge harvest. I long to go deeper and deeper into my relationship with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment