~The words of the Battlefield of my Mind, and the Ache of my Heart~

Thank You Abba for your merciful love,
Thank You Jesus that you shed your blood for me,
Thank You Holy Spirit that you are with me always.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Lord Make Me an Instrument of Your Peace



Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.


O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Amen


When I was in the middle of writing my last blog I looked out my window and saw a young lady coming to the door, she had a backpack on and looked completely distraught. I went out to see what the matter was; she has just been a victim of domestic violence and had gotten away. I gave her phone to use and a glass of water while I sat and consoled her. I felt the need to walk her to the place where she was being picked up by friends, as we walked I asked her if I could pray for her, she quickly responded “yes please”. We prayed and she safely got picked up.

It came to my attention shortly after that the man who had physically assaulted her was driving around looking for her and when I was walking her to the point of pick up it didn’t even occur to me that we were in any danger. There was no way I was letting her walk down the street alone, in the state she was in. I fully believe that when we do things in the name of the Lord that we are surrounded by protective angels. God wants us to be his hands and feet, so therefore why wouldn’t he protect us so we can do his work? I believe that He would never “let us walk down the street alone” especially in our moments of suffering.

The prayer of St Francis has been on my mind lately, and during this situation that is what I heard spoken to me. If you get a chance, Sarah McLachlan also sings it beautifully.

Two verses have been revealed to me for this blog.

Genesis 28:15 NLT
"What's more, I will be with you, and I will protect you wherever you go...I will be with you constantly..."

Psalm 143:8-11 NLT
"Let me hear of your unfailing love to me in the morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I have come to you in prayer. 9. Save me from my enemies, Lord; I run to you to hide me. 10. Teach me to do your will for you are my God. May your gracious spirit lead me forward on firm footing."

Lord, may we always seize the opportunities to help others in need.

Amen

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful blog Alisha! We love to hear about your passion to help others and serve Christ. xoxo

    ReplyDelete