~The words of the Battlefield of my Mind, and the Ache of my Heart~

Thank You Abba for your merciful love,
Thank You Jesus that you shed your blood for me,
Thank You Holy Spirit that you are with me always.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

God is Love, Without it I Am Nothing


During the recent part of my journey with God it occurred to me that I was missing something, I wasn't sure what it was, but I knew something very important was missing. During fellowship with others, sitting and pondering, and even writing a recent blog that was deleted when my computer crashed, I came to understand just what it was. LOVE. Probably the most important part of our walk with God is walking in His Love. It's funny because I have been studying Love in His word, writing about it in my blogs, and even trying to live it in my everyday life. Throughout all my trials, I somehow forgot that the whole reason for my suffering, the whole reason for my being a child of God, is to love others. I sought God for things like patience, completely forgetting the reason God grants me my prayer for patience is because He wants to use me, His tool, to show others His Love, not for me to “get ahead” in life, or even to have a better day, but solely for the purpose of showing others His love. God is so merciful and when I am humbled by His love it shows through me and I am blessed by the joy of love.

Some of the many verses God used to bring my attention to Love

1 Corinthians 13: 1-13 NLT

1. If I could speak in any language in heaven or on earth but didn't love others, I would only be making meaningless noise like a loud gong or clanging cymbal. 2. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I knew all the mysteries of the future and knew everything about everything but didn't love others, what good would I be? And if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, with out love I would be no good to anybody. 3. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn't love others, I would be of no value whatsoever.

4.Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5. or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. 6. It is never glad about injustices but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 8. Love with last forever, but prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will all disappear. 9. Now we know only little, and even the gift of prophecy reveals little! 10. But when the end comes, these special gifts will disappear. 11. It's like this: When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child does. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. 12. Now we see things imperfectly as in a poor mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God knows me now.

13.THERE ARE THREE THINGS THAT WILL ENDURE – FAITH, HOPE, AND LOVE – AND THE GREATES OF THESE IS LOVE.

1 John 4:7- 8 NLT

7. Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8. But anyone who does not love does not know God – for God is love.

The more I read the word of the God the more I come to realize the whole bible has LOVE verses EVERYWHERE! I am brought to tears, even as I write this because God's love for us is beyond overwhelming! It is the most incredible thing that could ever be experienced on this earth!
I look back and think about the treacherous climb I have done over the past few months trying to seek God's love and now I can see how more often then not some of my sufferings were caused by not trusting God to do the things He has promised me. God would carry me through a raging battle, and at the end of it, I would say, “wow, that was tough, but I have overcome it, and now I am even stronger”. It was that kind of thinking that put me right back face down, on the ground. What was so wrong with it? It was the fact that “I” thought it was “ME” that won the battle. I tried to take credit for it! So foolish! God is the one who fights my battles! I have absolutely no power! All He calls me to do is Love! To be obedient to Him, surrender to Him, and He does everything else. I am called to live my life in ways that bring me closer to Him. It was like during my climb, I would choose to step on the loose small bits of gravel, rather than the big solid rock sitting right in front of me.

God does not have to show me all the Love that He does, but I am so overwhelmed, and beyond grateful for it. Without God's love, I am nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment