~The words of the Battlefield of my Mind, and the Ache of my Heart~

Thank You Abba for your merciful love,
Thank You Jesus that you shed your blood for me,
Thank You Holy Spirit that you are with me always.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Prayer For A Step Of Faith



I feel like I’m on the edge, wanting to take another giant leap of faith, but I’m still holding back, does anybody else find it as scary as I do?
I’m not ready to let go.
Oh Lord, give me wings of an eagle,
I still want to hold on to all the plans I had for my life.
God says “dream big dreams”, but I’m scared.
I am attacked from every direction, I only have one shield, and one sword, Lord, please send soldiers to help me.
Lord please help me to dream Your dreams.
Lord give me rest in this time of distress, calm me down, teach me how to breath, relax and fish again on Your shores.
I know Peter got out of the boat to walk on water, but I am sitting in the boat holding on for dear life.
Lord help me to let go.
I know You said You are everything I need, Lord give me faith to believe that.
Lord I was running towards Your light and now I feel like I’m standing still looking at it, right in front me, yet I won’t walk into it.
My life is overwhelming me with all its demands, yet my mind is focused on You, and I am unable to concentrate on even the simplest task.
Your love is overwhelming me, I long to share that love with everyone around me, the opportunities seem so scarce, Lord help me to see the opportunities to love in every situation.
The love You show me is more than I could have ever even imagined, and I can’t even begin to understand that You have so much more.
I feel Your presence, I feel your arms wrapped around me, telling me to share my every thought with You.
How wonderful it is to have someone with me who cares to know my every thought, every desire, every fear, every hurt.
Your Joy spreads like wildfire in my heart,
Your Grace and Peace calms my fears,
Your Mercy and Kindness move my feet,
Your Hope gives me life,
Your Faith makes me strong,
Your Love brings me to my knees.
Lord help me to fight every battle on my knees looking towards the heavens.
I am so thankful for Your love and for the blood of Jesus that sets me free, help me to express it by every action, every thought.
I love you Lord.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment