~The words of the Battlefield of my Mind, and the Ache of my Heart~

Thank You Abba for your merciful love,
Thank You Jesus that you shed your blood for me,
Thank You Holy Spirit that you are with me always.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 15 – Mission Impossible!


God’s grace is so wonderful! I am so thankful for the times where He seems to pour an extra portion of His grace on me! There are times that are tougher and I know God is teaching me many valuable lessons and growing my character. Then there are the precious times where He pours out His grace and mercy so much more to help me complete the things He has assigned to me.

The first time I really noticed this was in Haiti. I would constantly look back on the day and just be amazed at the things we as a team did, wondering things like how on earth we were alive after the crazy truck and motorcycle rides, how the heck did we just deliver a baby in the tent city or how we had such a huge capacity to love. I could write a novel purely on the list of things God’s grace covered while being in Haiti.

I bring this up now because as I begin this job and this new season home in Canada I can feel that God has this kind of grace on me once again. To be able to withstand things I could not on my own, resist temptations, stay grounded in my faith, not fear man and continually surrender turning my eyes back to Jesus. I know these things have also come through fiery trials, iron sharpening iron, testing of my heart and faithfulness to the Lord to grow my character. These things are still a part of my walk with the Lord, but I am incredibly grateful for times like this when I reflect on a day and I see how the power of the Lord and His grace enabled me to do so many things I truly could never do on my own.

I am far from perfect and I understand the deep need for God centered relationships in my life and I pray that God will continually surround me with people of faith who can encourage me and in turn I can also encourage them.

I am beginning to see what my mission field for this season looks like and I look forward to the days ahead.

Thank You Father for everything you have done and do for me. I acknowledge that every good and perfect gift comes from you.

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment