~The words of the Battlefield of my Mind, and the Ache of my Heart~

Thank You Abba for your merciful love,
Thank You Jesus that you shed your blood for me,
Thank You Holy Spirit that you are with me always.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 11 – Hugs


This evening I am thinking about all my friends out on the mission field around the world. I am so thankful to know so many amazing people and to be able to read their stories. I have to say when it comes to sharing the love of Jesus, there is nothing quite like sitting and holding orphaned children. They have so much love to share, we give them a little bit and they give us a 100 fold back. Often when you hold a very young child, or a baby they will immediately fall asleep on you, they just never get the physical touch that they so desperately need. If you even think of doing a mission trip to a third world nation, even for just two weeks, I would highly encourage it. You don’t need any special skill because showing the love of Jesus by holding a mother and fatherless child is powerful than you will ever know, every little bit of love counts.

I am especially encouraged my amazing friend Marisa and the stories she shares. Here is one from this week in Jamaica:


Ministry Highlight

At the orphanage we visited I got to spend several hours with this precious girl, Chantel. The volunteers there didn't know how old she was, nor could they remember her ailment, but I would guess she was between 4-6 years. When I came across Chantel she was lying alone on a worn blanket, with hands crumpled up and legs stiff. Every 5 mins or so her body contracts into what seems like a seizure, with muscles tensing and shaking uncontrollably for a good 15-30 seconds. Chantel is one of about 7 children there with mental ailments due to incest and alcoholic mothers.

Lying there alone I couldn't help but go to her and although she couldn't speak, she loved having me talk with her. As I sat with her in my lap there was a moment where I was overwhelmed with such deep desire to take her home with me. It broke my heart to feel her body rage out of her own control, leaving her whimpering after each attack. She and I had a wonderful morning together singing, dancing, praying and praising God for the way He loves her more than I every can!

"For you, O Lord, are my hope,
my trust, O LORD, from my youth."
Psalm 71:5



May God Bless you and keep you in the light of His presence and comfort Marisa.
Love You!


Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment