~The words of the Battlefield of my Mind, and the Ache of my Heart~

Thank You Abba for your merciful love,
Thank You Jesus that you shed your blood for me,
Thank You Holy Spirit that you are with me always.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 8 – Redemption!


I am so grateful for what God is doing in my life right now, He is breathing life into my dry bones by providing opportunities to work in what I love, athletics. I won’t go into details because it is still a work in progress, but the Lord is continually showing me His goodness and how valuable I am as part of His royal family, a sister of Jesus Christ, friend of God. I had so much peace today, I’m about to embark on an incredibly difficult journey but I could not be more excited! A lot of things in my life have not gone the way I wanted them too, and still some things are not, but I take great joy in Jesus, and not in my circumstances. So I sit here, waiting, moving forward, one step at a time, and learning to enjoy every minute of it.

I’ve been reading through the book of JOB, possibly the oldest book in the Bible, a book on suffering, a book on ‘Why do bad things happened to good people?’ How often do we ask that question? I feel like I can relate to so much of JOB’s feelings as he cries out to Lord. Then in Chapter 10 verse 32-35 (Sourceview NLT) I was struck by the reality of the blood of Jesus Christ and the power of the intercession He makes daily for us. How awful it must have been to have lived in a time like JOB where Jesus had not conquered death.

JOB 10:32-35
“God is not a mortal like me, so I cannot argue with him or take him to trial. 33 If only there were a mediator between us, someone who could bring us together. 34 The mediator could make God stop beating me, and I would no longer live in terror of his punishment. 35 Then I could speak to him without fear, but I cannot do that in my own strength.”

I think about my trials, the pain, the torment, I know it is the work of satan, but God allows it to happen, and I have experienced and believe He allows it for very specific reasons. He is building my character and teaching me lessons. A while ago I made conscious decision, whenever things were going really awful in my life, I would spend the time and truly seek out the lesson that God was teaching me and praise Him in the storm. I am determined to learn the lesson first time round because I just got plain tired of going around the mountain over and over. I’ve never had a kind of life where things were just simple and easy, I’ve always had to fight, I’ve always had to persevere and I’ve always had to suffer. I look back and I know the only way that I am redeemed from the fiery trials is by the blood of Jesus, and a merciful, gracious God. I know I am still in a season of training for something even greater and I am so thankful that I get to do it in a work field that have I tremendous passion for.

I keep getting this picture of me sitting in an interrogation room, God on the other side of the table and Jesus and the Holy Spirit on either side of me. God has a kind gentle smile on His face but He is asking me to plead my case before Him, this is a part of training. As I read through the Bible I see many of the Lord’s chosen ones, pleading for themselves and on behalf of the people, I don’t think it is an uncommon practice. Today we often call it prayer and intercession, praying the Lord’s will from Heaven to earth. So daily I make prayer and plead my case before the Lord and I plead on behalf of others who will not acknowledge the Mighty Power of God.

What is the miracle? It’s the redemption from our fiery trials by the blood of Jesus Christ and that we can absolutely and completely trust that when we turn to Jesus for forgiveness, we are completely forgiven and washed clean on the spot. We can face our sin, confront it, ask and receive the forgiveness and it is a new day for us. Jesus is so good!!!

I thank you Lord Jesus for dying on the cross for my sins, Thank you for your mercy Lord, Bless you Father.

Amen

Alicia


Picture: Teaching Health and PE in Antigua

No comments:

Post a Comment