~The words of the Battlefield of my Mind, and the Ache of my Heart~

Thank You Abba for your merciful love,
Thank You Jesus that you shed your blood for me,
Thank You Holy Spirit that you are with me always.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Thank You! 365 days, Here I Come!


I am so thankful for everyone who has been a part of my life in one way or another. I am constantly reminded these days of how blessed I am to have the family and friendships that surround me wherever I go, your encouraging words and prayers mean the world to me. After my last prayer I wrote on my blog the Lord, as usual, has done much in a short time! Although I am still experiencing moments of pain in my heart, and I am slowly learning to discern what it is, sometimes it can even be kind of fun. When I have prayed the prayers, learnt the lesson, or just let myself cry, the pain goes away, and sometimes I just think because the Lord is gracious He lets me have a break. That being said, I’ve realized the entire point is not about the pain, it’s not suppose to be about the pain, but rather the joy, there is so much joy in life, that if we choose to focus on the pain, we can miss all the miracles that God does in so many moments of each day.

For this reason, and many others, I have decided to do an extension to my blog. I feel like a book on my life has closed, and a new one has just begun! I am so excited! When I arrived home last month, the Lord had me write a 12 page story, it was about my life, the points that ended up being highlighted were interesting to me, the little miracles that God has done, to show me His love, and when I finished it, I had tears in my eyes, and this strange sense that something had been completed, and something new was about to begin.

I am never great at explaining myself in words unless it is in writing, starting the blog helped me process through so much of my journey with the Lord. For this new season of my journey, I am going to record the next 365 days. I would like to write about God’s miracles! The Lord is so Good, He is constantly trying to win the hearts of His greatest creation, us, humans, but we get so busy and we miss it. I am going to write about the miracles the Lord does each day, and in great anticipation and excitement, I look forward to the next 365 days. I can’t wait to see how the Lord is going to change my life, simply by making the effort to live a life of gratitude.

I love storytelling, more specifically I love to tell the true stories, the ones where God gets the glory, the story is told, as is, and the voiceless, can have a voice. I have no specific agenda for this writings, because in my journey with the Lord, I take the simple steps of obedience, and the Lord takes care of the details. So some days I may write about the miracles of those days, or some days I may write one of the many stories I have heard from those whose voices may never be otherwise heard and are so loved by the Lord Jesus.

I think this is going to be a great way to reflect on what the Lord and done in my life, and to look forward to the future as I focus on the Lord day by day. I am so thankful that the Lord’s grace is sufficient for what I need each and every day! The manna of God is so much better than anything else! I pray that these writings can touch your heart, as the Lord touches mine!
Much Love and Excitement!

Alicia

Picture: In Hawaii last month painting for the Aquaponics tank our outreach team set up. This little girl loved to paint! And we got it everywhere!

3 comments:

  1. It is an exciting way to see life, Alicia.....I love it. We can all learn from you.
    You were part of my miracle in getting that school room painted.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was great to get to spend so much time with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lovely! So excited to see what the Lord has and is doing in your heart! I love you so much and a thrilled to follow your journey with Him this year! Praying blessings over you right now! ;) <3 always

    ReplyDelete