~The words of the Battlefield of my Mind, and the Ache of my Heart~

Thank You Abba for your merciful love,
Thank You Jesus that you shed your blood for me,
Thank You Holy Spirit that you are with me always.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 2 - Little Encouragement Miracle



Part of the reason why I decided to set my focus on God’s little miracles is because I often tend to overlook them. During my school of Circuit Riders, which was only 5 weeks, I experienced so many different miracles in one day, directly in my life, in my brothers and sisters lives, and in the locals who had never accepted Jesus before, this school seemed more like 5 months long! It was absolutely incredible, in so many ways!

It’s funny though how, by our human nature, even miracles can become the ‘normal’ and you can lose the ‘wow factor’. I don’t think I necessarily lost the wow factor during the school, but when I arrived home, the ‘little’ miracles seemed so insignificant to me, I just expected the Lord to answer my prayer because I know He does, in His time of course. I don’t think expecting God to answer is a bad thing, but I didn’t like where I was headed, I never want to lose the wow factor of every little and big miracle the Lord does! When I say ‘little miracle’ I don’t mean that it is not amazing, sometimes the tiniest things can make all of the difference in the world! I mean look at babies, there are so small, so cute, and birth is one of God’s most amazing miracles! Although I haven’t had my own children yet, delivering a local women’s baby in the tent city in Haiti certainly taught me about the supernatural grace and beauty of a women giving birth!

Lately I have been struggling with worry over my finances, I have been praying for quite some time on what the Lord wants me to do next, and how He wants me to make the money for it. Long story short, it has been a gigantic challenge and far from easy. I so much want to follow the Lords leading, and often it doesn’t make sense. I am trying to find the balance between trusting in the Lord, and waiting (yes I’m still waiting back from before I wrote the blog on Aug 8, and doing my best to keep it Joyful! This season may be longer than I originally thought!) Anyways, I don’t want to sell myself short of what the Lord has for me, but I’m also desperate! Needless to say it has been very interesting, and I know one day, I will be very thankful for this lesson. Every time I ask the Lord I hear, “trust in me, I’m testing your faithfulness to me”.

So the Lord, just to give me a little bit of extra encouragement on a day where I really needed it, my devotion was a story, almost exactly what I am experiencing! The wow factor of how the Lord is reaching me in so many different ways is amazing and I constantly almost overlook them!

“For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.” Romans 8:5

Lord please help me to never forget the power of your mighty name in Jesus Christ!

I love you Lord!

Alicia

Picture: Marisa and Jessika! I miss you both so much!

2 comments:

  1. Alicia I so love your blog! :) So inspirational! And I so needed this today! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome Justine, and thanks for reading! I hope you and the family are doing great :)

    ReplyDelete