~The words of the Battlefield of my Mind, and the Ache of my Heart~

Thank You Abba for your merciful love,
Thank You Jesus that you shed your blood for me,
Thank You Holy Spirit that you are with me always.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 4 – Co-Laboring with God!



It is really something extraordinary to be on this earth, co-laboring with the God of the universe! He could do it all himself, but He chooses us, to be a part of His Kingdom and a part of His great story!

When I pray, and I mean really pray, intercede on the behalf of others, I often feel as if I am right beside the Lord and He is whispering in my ear what to say. It is the most amazing time of intimacy with Him, it has a cost, it’s called dying to self, but there is no greater reward than Jesus Christ. If you keep your eyes on the joy set before you, the eternity we receive with Jesus Christ, any cost we pay on this earth is so incredibly insignificant! I fight daily to keep this perspective and I don’t always win but God is so gracious.

I desire to bring this kind of intimacy into my everyday life, in the practical, the ordinary. After reflecting on the day I just realized the coolest miracle, the first time I’ve actually recognized it. I felt, like my intimate time in prayer, was walked out in my day today, I felt so close to the Lord, I really and truly felt like I was co-laboring with Him. It’s like Jesus was telling me exactly what to say, I am not even sure how to describe it! It was one of those moments when all your suffering seems so pale in comparison to Glory of the Lord, and His plans, that are far better than our own!


John 15:5
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”
John 15:16
“You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.”

I pray that you will have your own personal revelation of the intimacy of Jesus Christ!

Alicia


Picture: My other half! I wish you weren't so far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment