~The words of the Battlefield of my Mind, and the Ache of my Heart~

Thank You Abba for your merciful love,
Thank You Jesus that you shed your blood for me,
Thank You Holy Spirit that you are with me always.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 7 – It’s Not Sacrifice



I think it so cool how we can serve a God that wants a relationship with us, a real deep and meaningful relationship, a relationship based on love. I just love how we don’t have to do anything for God to fall in love with us, He is already so completely in Love with us and nothing we do, good or bad, can change how He feels about us. It is so comforting in a world that teaches us the exact opposite.

I’ve just been thinking a lot about the miracle of this kind of love (probably obvious since I tend to write about it a lot). I hear so many teachings on sacrifice, a relationship with God is sacrifice, this is very true but when you put love in the picture, it changes absolutely everything.

It’s like falling in love with someone, when you do, nothing else matters, you would do anything for that person and you wouldn’t spent all your time thinking about every sacrifice that you have made for that person, that wouldn’t be a very good form of love, in my opinion. I have found myself recently convicted of this I think about the prices I’ve paid and I say “Hey God, remember all this stuff I did for you, all this stuff I gave up for you…” Well I feel a bit silly now writing it, but God reminds me, although He is pleased that I would give up everything to know Him, it’s not the point, because I don’t have to earn His love, I already have all of it!

So I continue to contemplate this kind of miraculous love, learning more each and every day.

I pray for you and fresh touch of God’s love in your life!


Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment